Call for Submissions for the 2021 Bazaar
We are now accepting applications to exhibit in the 2021 Blue Genie Art Bazaar, open November 19 – December 24.
Please read the following information carefully before submitting your application. Click here for detailed information for Prospective Exhibitors about how the Bazaar operates, including display types, commission structure, and exhibit guidelines.
2021 Application Schedule
- May 1 – August 6: Submissions Accepted, $45 application fee
- (May 1 – July 16: Use coupon code EARLYBIRD to receive $10 off application fee.)
- Sept 1: Artist Notifications Sent
To begin the online application, you will need the following:
- Description of Materials/Technique: Brief statement of 1,000 characters or less that describes the materials and techniques used to create your artwork and your artistic background.
- Description of Work: One sentence description of your work. This will be used by BGAB to represent your work to the public.
- Prices: Determine prices for primary product types. You will enter prices when you submit your images.
- Quantity: Estimate the quantity of merchandise you will have ready to sell.
- Booth type & electricity needs: Review the available display space types (see below) and indicate your preference. You will also be asked to indicate whether you require electrical access for your products (e.g. if you sell lamps or other items which require electricity to work).
- Photos: Please prepare six (6) product photos which represent what you plan to sell. For best results, photos should be standard JPG format, 72 dpi, 1400-1920 px on the longest side, and no larger than 5MB each. See Image Preparation Tips.
These images will be used on the BGAB website and in promotional materials. We will only use images of your product, please do not submit artist photos, collages, or company logos.
- Payment: Have a valid debit/credit card ready to pay the application fee. Application fees are non-refundable regardless of acceptance.
If you experience any technical difficulties with the online application, please consult the Zapplication Help Center. (BGAB Staff are unable to view in-progress applications.)
Once you have submitted your application and payment, you should receive an email from Zapplication confirming your purchase. This is the only “confirmation” email you will receive when submitting your application.
If you have questions about the Bazaar, please email email@example.com.
Please understand that we are unable to accept and respond to solicitations for exhibitor space.
Frequently Asked Questions
1.What does it cost to participate?
Artists must pay the application fee and a 35-45% commission will be deducted from the final sales totals. Commissions are explained in Section VI of the Prospective Exhibitor Handbook.
There are no additional fees for participation.
2. When will I know if I’m accepted or not?
Notifications will be emailed to all applicants on September 1. Please to not ask the status of your application before this date.
3. I make two distinct products which I’d like to sell at the Bazaar, do I need to apply twice?
NO – If you are only applying for one booth, just include both products in your description & images.
YES – If you want to have a separate booth space for each product. Please note, that sales/commissions will be tallied separately and checks will be issued separately for each distinct booth.
4. I don’t live in Austin, can I still apply?
Yes. While the majority of our exhibitors are from the Austin area, we consider artists from around Texas and beyond! However, accepted artists must be able to set-up, break-down, and restock their booths. Past exhibitors have usually enlisted the help of local friends & family, a fellow BGAB artist, or hired helpers. BGAB staff are not responsible for restocking.
5. What is the size of my booth?
Applicants must indicate their preferred display type on the application: 8’x8’, 4’x8’, shelving, jewelry case, or clothing rack. Display types are explained in Section IV of the Prospective Exhibitor Handbook. BGAB Management will assign booth spaces after all exhibitors have been confirmed. Indicating a display preference is not a guarantee that you will receive that type of display space.
6. How can I sell my products in your online shop?
Acceptance into the Bazaar storefront does not guarantee inclusion in the online shop. There is a section on the application where you can indicate whether you would like to be considered for the online shop. Certain artists may be invited to exhibit in the storefront only, or in the online shop only.